* Agriculture, including agriculture extension.
* Land improvement, implementation of land reforms, land consolidation and
Minor irrigation, water management watershed development.
* Animal husbandry, dairying and poultry.
* Social forestry and farm forestry.
* Minor forest produce.
* Small scale industries, including food processing industries.
* Khadi, village and collage industries.
* Rural Housing.
* Drinking water.
* Fuel and fodder.
* Roads, culverts, brides, ferries, waterways, and other means of
* Rural electrification including distribution of electricity.
* Non-conventional energy sources.
* Poverty alleviation programme.
* Education, including primary and secondary schools.
* Adult and non-formal education.
* Cultural activities.
* Markets and fairs.
* Health and sanitation, including hospitals, primary health centers and dispensaries.
* Family welfare.
* Woman and child development.
* Social welfare including including welfare of the handicapped and mentally
* Welfare of the weaker sections, and in particular, of the Scheduled castes and the
* Public distribution system.
* Maintenance of community assets.